FREE INCOME TAX RETURN PREPARATION SERVICES
From January through April, CAA provides free tax return preparation services to individuals with income up to 85 thousand dollars, with no rental property. Refunds from tax processing are deposited into your checking account or mailed to the address specified in your tax return.
We also provide processing of prior year returns for tax years 2019, 2020, and 2021.
The three methods of tax preparation this season are:
1. By appointment
2. By drop-off of tax documentation and intake packet, with/without pre-screening
3. Walk-in Saturdays
A complete list of required tax documents and tax intake packet. These documents are important to provide us with otherwise we will not be able to prepare your tax return.
1. BY APPOINTMENT
- Call 513-569-1850 to obtain an appointment to have your tax return(s) prepared. Only one tax return per appointment is allowed.
- Please come 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete the intake packet unless you complete it prior to your appointment.
- To check-in for your appointment, please enter CAA via the 2nd Floor Lobby, take a number and you can be seated. The Receptionist will call your number to verify the appointment.
- A tax volunteer will come and call your name and take your tax documents for processing.
- Your tax documents and completed/printed return will be returned to you for your review and signature.
2. DROP-OFF HOURS
OPTIONAL PRE-SCREENING OF INTAKE – NO APPOINTMENT REQUIRED
Mondays and Wednesdays: 9:00 am-3:30 pm, First come, first served
- Pre-screening helps to ensure that copies of tax documents and the intake packet are complete.
- You may leave copies of your tax documents with the tax volunteer after successful pre-screening.
DROP-OFF TIMES AND LOCATION
- For the drop box in the 1st and 2nd Floor Lobbies at CAA:
- Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- For the CAA parking lot drop box: Any time
DROP-OFF RETURN FOLLOW-UP
- You will be notified by email, text or phone call when the Tax Prep Office has received your documents.
- An Interviewer will contact you by phone to review your tax return documents for completeness, unless you were pre-screened on a Monday or Wednesday.
- After your return is prepared, a password-encrypted copy of your tax return will be emailed/mailed to you for your review. Or you may download a copy from Get Your Refund. A Reviewer will coordinate this with you.
- A Reviewer will contact you to obtain your approval to e-file your tax return(s). The Reviewer will ask you to send a text or email message indicating your approval of the return or you may sign your return through Get Your Refund.
- In special cases, e.g., illness, infirmity, etc., the Reviewer may elect to receive a verbal approval for e-filing your tax return.
- Upon your approval, your return will be e-filed and emailed or mailed to you, or you can make arrangements with the Reviewer to pick-up the return at CAA.
3. WALK-IN SATURDAYS
On the following Saturdays, we will have walk-in tax processing, February 4th, 11th and 18th from 9am to 1pm, first come, first served.
All tax documents are shredded at the end of the tax season.
Documents that you provide will not be returned to you.
We anticipate the processing time to take up to 10 business days after drop-off or upload of tax documents. The processing time may vary pending the completeness of tax documents and the availability of tax volunteers and taxpayers.