Take the wheel and start a new career through our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) training program. You could earn your CDL in just a few steps:
- Complete an application and interview.
- Attend a one-week professional development training.
- Complete the truck driving course.
- Start your new career.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Download a copy of our Career Pathways Intake Checklist for a complete itemized list of what you need to apply. These documents will be requested after your application has been reviewed by the Program Coordinator.
To be eligible to participate in our CDL training program, individuals must:
- Live in Hamilton County;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a valid driver's license;
- Meet income eligibility requirements;
- Complete an interest form (at least two weeks in advance of the program start date);
- Complete an assessment/application and interview;
- Complete and pass the Department of Transportation's physical examination; and
- Agree to a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and violence and pass a drug test during the intake process.
In addition to truck driver training, our CDL program offers life skills training and other supportive services offered by CAA, including:
- Rent assistance;
- Utility bill payment assistance;
- Child care; and
- Transportation assistance.
If you would like to learn more about our CDL program, please complete the general interest form below and one of our dedicated Career Pathways Coordinators will follow up with you regarding any comment(s) or question(s) you may have.