Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
At Community Action Agency the health and safety of our workforce and community are our highest priority, and we want to do our part to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with guidance from health and state officials we have taken necessary precautions to protect those we serve. Please refer to the updates and resources below for information on how this pandemic affects us as a whole.
To ensure all international community members are informed about COVID-19 please visit cincinnaticompass.org/resources for multilingual resources.
Produce Pop Ups x CAA Mobile Food Pantry
Our Mobile Food Pantry will be held as scheduled, but will take place outdoors until further notice. We will be implementing physical distancing and CDC hygiene protocol to ensure safety. Please be sure to follow us on Facebook for updates. A complete listing of our upcoming dates of service can also be found here on our website.
Supportive Services (Rent & Water Assistance)
Supportive Services face-to-face interviews have been discontinued until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the meantime, if you are in need of service here's what you can do:
1. Download, print and complete the supportive services intake form.
2. Scan and email the intake form, along with all required supportive documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what you'll need to submit with your intake form application:
- Eviction notice
- Utility shut-off notice
Our number one priority is to keep our families and staff safe and to do our very best to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19 within our communities. As a result, we will be effectively closing on Thursday, November 19, 2020 and re-opening on January 20, 2021. Please contact your specific center locations for dates on meal pick-ups and learning boxes. Thank you for your support and understanding as we, as a community and a nation, have responded to the sweeping impact of COVID-19. Please stay safe and have a Happy Holiday! If there are any changes in the dates or duration of the closure, parents will be notified via the parent information hotline (513-569-1842), our social media (Facebook and Twitter), the Head Start website, and local news outlets.
Applications are being accepted for our Career Pathways programs, which include: Tech Works, Commercial Driver's License Training, Fresh Start, Vocational Training & Blueprint for Success. To learn more about our programs, visit us online under our 'What We Do' section > Career Pathways. Ready to jumpstart your career toward the road to success? APPLY TODAY.
Our dedicated CCMEP team will continue to reach out to all clients by phone and/or email and case plans will be updated electronically. Face-to-face appointments will not be permitted at this time. For additional inquiries please contact our CCMEP Manager, Rick Baker at 513-569-1840 ext 1248.
The CDC has recommended the suspension of large gatherings due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective immediately usage of CAA facility rentals will be temporarily closed to external visitors until further notice.
The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is now operating from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays for in-person service as well as curbside pick up.
- Customers and staff are expected to practice physical distancing at all times. Furniture has been spaced out and items like plexiglass barriers have been installed.
- Masks are required by statewide mandate. Masks are required to be worn properly at all times. The Library is providing free masks for our customers who need them.
- Customers have access to computers, printers, and fax service, as well as the ability to browse and pick up holds.
- Starting Monday, October 5, 2020, customers are asked to limit visits to two hours. (This is an increase from the previous limit of one hour.)
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place. Hand sanitizer is available for customers and staff.
- Curbside and drive-thru services (where available) are offered at all current in-person locations.
- Special hours for vulnerable populations are being held on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. - noon.
For more information: call 513.369.4445. Or visit them online at www.cincinnatilibrary.org