Skip to main content

Home Relief Assistance

Supportive Services

Community Action Agency Home Relief Program

**CAA is NOT taking new applications for the rental assistance program at this time. CAA is currently offering assistance to those households who have applied prior to September 2022.  If your application has been completed within our system and you are seeking an update, please contact us at 513-569-1840.  If you are a new applicant seeking assistance, we encourage you to apply through the Hamilton County 513Relief program. 

The Community Action Agency is now assisting those who have been impacted by COVID-19 or experiencing homelessness with rent, water and utilities, and homeowner fees. CAA is able to provide assistance with:

-        Rental arrearages dated back to March 13, 2020
-        Rental deposits, late fees, court costs
-        Water
-        Utilities
-        Sewage
-        HOA fees
-        Property Taxes

OHFA Requirements:

- Homeowner
- Hamilton county resident
- 150% AMI
- Hardship that occurred 1/21/20 or later
- Past due amounts from 1/21/20 and later


  • 80% AMI, based on 12 month’s income or 30 days income.
  • Direct or indirect COVID-19 hardship.
  • One or more individuals at risk of homelessness or housing instability.
  • Qualified for unemployment 2020/21 or reduction in household income.

Many of our programs require income qualifications, benefiting  those with incomes at a certain percentage of median income (AMI). Below are the 2021 Income Limits by person(s) in the household:


AMI 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
80% $47,850 $54,650 $61,500 $68,300 $73,800 $79,250 $84,700 $90,200

If you are a Renter:

The fastest way to request services is through our online portal. You can apply online using your computer, tablet or smart phone at   
If you are unable to apply online, you may contact our call center at 513-569-1840 (select Option 4).  If you qualify for services, they will schedule an appointment for you to talk with an Intake Specialist.  Please note that this process is subject to the availability of appointment times and may delay the processing of your request. 



If you are a Homeowner:

  • We are currently unable to accept online applications for homeowners.  Please contact our call center at 513-569-1840 and they will schedule an appointment for you to talk with an Intake Specialist. 
  • If you are in an emergency situation, as listed below, please contact our call center at 513-569-1840 (Option 4).
    • You have received notification of utility shut-off, or utilities have already been shut off.
    • We are no longer able to assist with mortgages.  If you have an eviction notice, please contact Legal Aid at (513) 241-9400 or Working In Neighborhoods at (513) 541-4109.