Skip to main content

Ohio Home Relief Program

Family Support

Ohio Home Relief Program

The State of Ohio has designated a portion of the CARES funding to help low-income Ohioans who have fallen behind on their rent, mortgage, and water bills through the Ohio Home Relief Grant (OHRG). Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency (CHCCAA) is administering the OHRG in Hamilton County.  Applications will be accepted starting on November 2, 2020 to help families and individuals in Hamilton County, Ohio who are:

  • At or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines,  
  • Have been adversely impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic and,  
  • Are past due Rent, Mortgage, or Water/Sewer bills at their Primary Residence. 


CAA has designed a referral process for agencies who are working with clients who are in need meeting the criteria above.  Assistance will be provided from April 1st through December 30th. CAA will provide voucher to referring agency after application has been processed for payment.  Allow 10-15 days for processing. 

If interested, partnering agency should have client Complete CAA Ohio Home Relief application, release form and provide:

  • Copy of ID of head of household
  • Copies of SS cards for all members in the households
  • 30 days income (unemployment, pay stubs, social security) or complete self-declaration form to document in file.
  • Case Notes 

In addition to the above: 

For Rental Assistance

  • Eviction or past due rent notice
  • Completed landlord statement  
  • Landlord W9 & Debarment
  • Copy of Lease Agreement 

For Mortgage Assistance

  • Statement showing past due mortgage payment (can include taxes and insurance) 

For Water & Sewer Assistance

  • Statement showing past due water and sewer  

 Download a fact sheet about ODSA’s Home Relief Grant program here.
For questions, contact us or 513.569.1840, option #4.