Skip to main content

Emergency Services

Family Support

The Supportive Services program provides assistance to individuals experiencing a temporary hardship.  Receiving assistance is based on meeting program eligibility requirements, and the availability of funds.

What we offer:

  • Rental and mortgage payment assistance
  • Water bill payment assistance
  • Birth certificates
  • Police checks
  • Prescribed medications
  • Referrals for other social services, such as assistance with prescription eyeglasses and vision exams
  • Bus cards for individuals who come to our offices for services
  • EITC Tax Preparation Services (seasonal)

What you need:

  • A valid photo I.D. for the head of household
  • All sources of income for the past 90 days for every member of the household
  • Social Security cards for every member of the household
  • A three-day notice to leave the premises or court-ordered eviction notice
  • Current water bill, and past due or shut-off notice
  • CMHA Housing Assistance Payment contract (if applicable)
  • Documentation that supports your need for assistance
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship

Please note, as of September 2016 one of the following documents will be needed for Proof of U.S. Citizenship:

  • Birth Certificate/Hospital Birth Records
  • Baptismal Records (only when place and date of birth is shown)
  • Native American Census Record
  • Military Service Record
  • U.S. Passport
  • Verified Citizenship for OWF Program
  • Voter Registration Cards
  • Proof of Legal Resident/Qualified Alien is listed in the guidelines.

To make an appointment for Supportive Services, please call 513.569.1850, ext. 6, from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Monday–Thursday. 

For more information, please email or call 513.569.1840, ext.1047.