Commercial Driver's License Training Program
Take the wheel and start a new career through our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) training program. You could earn your CDL in just a few steps:
- Get started by giving us a little information about yourself. Click here to complete our interest form. Someone from our staff will contact you after we receive your interest form.
- Complete an application and interview.
- Attend a one-week professional development training.
- Complete the truck driving course.
- Start your new career.
In addition to truck driver training, our CDL program offers life skills training and other supportive services offered by CAA, including:
- Rent assistance;
- Utility bill payment assistance;
- Child care; and
- Transportation assistance.
To be eligible to participate in our CDL training program, individuals must:
- Live in Hamilton County;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a valid driver's license;
- Meet income eligibility requirements;
- Complete an interest form (at least two weeks in advance of the program start date);
- Complete an assessment/application and interview;
- Complete and pass the Department of Transportation's physical examination; and
- Agree to a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and violence and pass a drug test during the intake process.
Every participant must submit an interest form and attend a one-week professional development training class prior to starting CDL classes. Professional development classes take place Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - noon, at CAA on:
- April 16 - April 20
- April 30 - May 4
- May 14 - May 18
- May 29 - June 1
- June 11 - June 15
- June 25 - June 29
After completing one week of professional development training, participants may complete the CDL course as a full-time or part-time participant. CDL classes will take place at Napier Trucking School located at 3113 Dixie Highway, Hamilton, OH 45015.
Full-time students may take the course Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., for five weeks:
- April 9 - May 11
- April 23 - May 25
- April 30 - June 1
- May 21 - June 22
- June 4 - July 6
- June 18 - July 20
- July 2 - August 3
Part-time students may take the course on Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., for ten weeks:
- April 7 - June 10
- July 7 - September 9
- October 6 - December 9
For More Information