Cincinnati Manufacturing Certification Program
The Cincinnati Manufacturing Certification (CMC) program provides 140 hours of training in Manufacturing Skills Standards and equips students with a Production Technician Certification. Program participants will also receive assistance with their job search and interview coaching to help them earn a great-paying job in the manufacturing industry. CMC graduates can soon be on the road to self-sufficiency, as the national average wage for Certified Production Technicians is $16/hour.
You could earn your certification in just a few steps:
1. Get started by giving us a little information about yourself. Click here to complete our interest form. Someone from our staff will contact you after we receive your interest form.
2. Attend an information session.
3. Complete an application.
4. Complete pre-enrollment testing and assessments.
5. Start your course (which will run six to eight weeks depending on when you pass the final certification test).
6. Begin your new career.
We can also help you meet basic needs so you can focus on your education while you're taking classes. We can provide assistance with:
- Rent/locating affordable housing;
- Utility bill payments;
- Child care;
- Obtaining food through our Mobile Food Pantry;
- Obtaining professional attire; and
To be eligible to participate in our CMC program, individuals must:
- Live in Hamilton County;
- Have a household income at or below 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- Complete an interest form (at least two weeks in advance of the start date);
- Attend an information session; and
- Complete an application, testing, and assessments.
All participants must submit an interest form and attend an information session prior to the start of classes. Information sessions will take place on:
- Thursday, May 3, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 4, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, May 10, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 11, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 6, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 7, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 11, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 13, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
CMC classes will take place at CAA, Tuesday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. In addition, students will be responsible for completing 2.5 hours of e-learning on Monday and Friday each week. If you do not have a computer and internet access, you may complete the e-learning classes in our computer lab on Monday and Friday, 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Sessions will begin on:
- May 21
- September 24
For More Information