Supportive Services

The Supportive Services program provides assistance to individuals experiencing a temporary hardship.  Receiving assistance is based on meeting program eligibility requirements, and the availability of funds.

What we offer:
Rental and mortgage payment assistance
Water bill payment assistance
Food vouchers
Birth certificates
Police checks
Prescribed medications
Referrals for other social services, such as assistance with prescription eye glasses and eye
Lifeline telephone applications
Bus cards for individuals who come to our offices for services
EITC Tax Preparation Services (Seasonal)

What you need:
A valid picture I.D. for the head of household
All sources of income for the past 90 days for every member of the household
Social Security cards for every member of the household
A 3-day notice to leave the premises or court ordered eviction notice
Current water bill, and past due or shut-off notice
CMHA Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract (if applicable)
Documentation that supports your need for assistance
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Please note, as of September 2016 one of the following documents will be needed for Proof of U.S. Citizenship:
• Birth Certificate/Hospital Birth Records
• Baptismal Records (only when place and date of birth is shown)
• Indian Census Record
• Military Service Record
• U.S. Passport
• Verified Citizenship for OWF Program
• Voter Registration Cards
Proof of Legal Resident/Qualified Alien is listed in the guidelines.

You may apply for assistance in person Monday-Thursday at 8AM.

For more information, please email or call 513.569.1840 x 1047.