The Greater Cincinnati Microenterprise Initiative (GCMI) is a nonprofit organization and small business support agency that promotes self-sufficiency and economic development among low- to moderate-income individuals. GCMI provides entrepreneurial training and business classes, business coaching and technical assistance, and access to capital to help individuals start or expand a small business.
- Business Assessment Evaluations: Business Coaches can review your business, including financials, and evaluate its strengths and weaknesses.
- Business Coaching/Technical Assistance: One-on-one counseling and guidance.
- Business Education Classes: A variety of courses are offered, such as Quick Books, Cash Flow Analysis, Financial Education, and Marketing Your Product.
- Business Plan Evaluations: Business Coaches can review your business plan, critique, and evaluate its strengths and weaknesses.
- Entrepreneurial Training Academy (ETA): Series of trainings on business basics and management:
- Business I - Introduction to the World of Business
- Business II - Development of the Plan and Financial Management
- GCMIElite: 12-month training program providing supportive business services to both potential and current business owners, including accounting, marketing, and information technology coaching.
- Open Doors ETA – (Ex-offenders): 12-week ETA course (currently conducted at the Lebanon Correctional Institution) with added classes to address some of the specific issues that face clients as they re-enter back into society.
Download more information on GCMI's service (PDF).
GCMI client Joyce Robinson
in her new business,
Robinson's Floral Designs
There are no eligibility requirements for GCMI. However, the programs operate on a sliding pay scale based upon total household members and household income. To qualify for a GCMI program you must supply the following:
- Proof of total household income (Federal Income Tax Return, Income Verification of Public Assistance, Unemployment, Social Security, etc.).
- Verification of the total number of members in your household (Federal Income Tax Return).
For more information, please email or call us at 513.569.4816 x 2428, or visit us on the web at www.gcmi.org.